Saturday, October 11, 2008

Things I learned in the hospital

I forgot to mention all the interesting things I learned in the hospital:

1. They can weigh you in the bed-isn't that cool?! I kept meaning to get several people on the bed and see how high we could get the scale to register.

2. Instead of bringing you 3 meals a day, you order your own food whenever you want. It's called 'room service' just like a hotel! (they don't serve all night, but you can order from 6 am to 7 pm) And the coolest part is that you can get whatever items on the menu you want. If you want a cheese pizza, mashed potatoes, pudding and prune juice-it's yours! Dad thought it would be funny to order lots of things, "Yeah, give me 3 pizzas, 2 caesar salads, a hamburger, 2 corndogs and 3 cokes," just to see what they would say!

3. Another food observation-I noticed on the menu that you could order cheese enchiladas and beef strogonoff, among other large, rich meals. I was wondering what in the world you could be in the hospital for that a plate of hospital enchiladas sounded good to order. Obviously people order it or they wouldn't have those things as options, but I preferred the chicken broth myself!

4. This is just something I thought was funny--all night long people come in to take blood or take your blood pressure, etc. One time a nurse walked in, turned on the overhead light and said, "Good morning!" I looked at the clock and it was freakin 2 am!!! She could at least come in quitely, turned on the bathroom light and do what she needed to do. After several nights I could sleep thru someone taking my blood!


As stressful (and that's putting it mildly) the hospital stay was, there were many, many times that we all laughed and laughed. There were 2 evenings that we were so noisy that I still cannot believe someone didn't come in and tell us to be considerate of the old people in the other rooms! Dad--remember the night you were telling Cousin Ed and his woman the "funniest story ever" and we were crying we were kaughing so hard?! Never in my life do I remember ever seeing you laugh that hard!! :)

1 comment:

Todd said...

That was a grate story. JQT Needs to share it here!